Friday, December 17, 2010

Family Fun Unwrapped

                                              Our Chorkie, Pancho in His Christmas Hat

We wrapped some gifts today and figured  out a budget and hope it all falls into place for Christmas. The strep is now in our home along with the flu. We are trying to bring the Christmas spirit in the house, but when kids are sick and all hope seems to have flown out the door it kinda puts in damper in that idea. I played a board game with my girls last night, it was fun, no TV or video games , just a parent having a great time with the children and to my surprise my kids loved, it in fact they got mad when it was time to end the game and go to bed, so tonight I have a board game and a good supper waiting for them, it will be fun and it will last being it's the weekend they can stay up longer. And thanks to a great friend I will be baking later tonight some cookies and maybe some biscotti, so a little of that Christmas spirit is flowing in. When we are depressed , how can we let the spirit in, it's funny how things just fall into place after a long prayer to Christ. I just hope no one else gets sick and they are happy this season. The thing I have realized , is that children love attention from their parents, and when we bust out a board game it seems to allow that bond to renew. While with TV and video games we all lack just old fashioned communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment